Monday, October 5, 2009

Em:Waiting

Lots of people have asked me if I'm ready to leave for Tanzania. The answer is yes. I've been bored since Saturday. What to do, now that I'm all done preparing and packing? Thank god there's a football game on tonight--and a Vikings vs. Packers one at that! Should be very exciting. It's the perfect Last American Thing I need to experience before we leave. Because football is definitely a unique American thing. If you ask anybody in Tanzania about football (or in any other foreign country for that matter), they'll be talking about soccer, the ball game where you actually use your foot. It'd be no use asking anybody their opinion on the Favre un-retirement, just like it'd be no use for them to ask me about David Beckham. But anyways, Go Vikings, don't fall down, Brett, and run, Adrian, run.

When my mom and I are in Tanzania, we'll be pretty busy, but if we have any down time and are near a computer--like during our layovers and time in Iringa--we might have a chance to update the blog every once in awhile. Although we won't be posting pictures until we get back, but I'm sure there will be stories to tell. So keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment